This class is basic tactical shotgun instruction. Great for a shooter who has a shotgun for home defense and never received training (or wants a refresher on the basics of tactical/defensive shotgun) as well as law enforcement officers who's agency or academy training didn't even scratch the surface. Topics covered will include: Shotgun selection and setup, ammunition selection, stance, grip, mounting/presentation, managing recoil, sight alignment/sight picture, patterning, reloads, transitions to pistol (OPTIONAL FOR THOSE BRINGING A PISTOL), select slug drill, ready positions, pivots & turns and more.
1 Day Tactical Shotgun
- A serviceable duty/defensive 12 gauge shotgun, pump or semi-auto with a sling (tactical sling preferred)
- Zeroed prior to arriving to class. (100 YARD ZERO PREFERRED but others are acceptable if you understand your zero)
- Ammunition: 40 Slug, 25 OO buckshot, 75 birdshot
- A method for carrying spare ammunition - on the gun, your person or both.
- Eye & ear protection
- Quality duty/defensive handgun (for transition drills)
- 50 rounds of ammunition
- Holster - No serpa, crossdraw, ankle or shoulder holsters
- Spare magazine w/pouch
- Baseball style hat
- Lip balm
- WaterLunch / Snacks